North Dakota Bismarck mission February 2016 to August 2017

Saturday, April 2, 2016



Well time is flying so fast and I cant believe I have been gone for this long.  This week we had some random house cleaning for a less active whose health is really bad but now her house looks pretty nice if I say so myself.

We did a ton of less active finding again and we were able to get in with a few of them and just be able to find the homes is nice.  Plus we got back on track we had a few off days but are back to normal.
   
We had to drop and investigator.  She wasn't open to the church and wouldn't really do the things she needs to do to find out if what we are teaching is true.  She likes to talk a lot about the second coming and its so distracting from missionary work.  I have decided to avoid the topic now.  During our planning for the week another investigator told us she was going to try to get her parents to church which is awesome and they came which is even better!

I went on exchanges this week( I left Sidney for 24 hours to be with a different missionary).  I went to Williston North Dakota and the town is much bigger.  They have a Wal-Mart so ya.  It was a lot of fun.  Sister Shutt the Sister Training Leader says I'm doing good and I know my stuff.  She also thinks I'll be training when I'm done being trained which is in like 8 weeks I think. Everyone thinks that.

We are trying to gain more trust from members so we are going to start teaching the restoration to everyone to show them we can teach and aren't some young kids who don't know what they are doing.  Not that everyone thinks that but just to show them.

On Easter we actually had dinner with a Nonmember family the ones who came to church!  It was great we got to know them and they treated us just like family!  We also got to share the hallelujah video and them seemed to like it.  It was a great day plus the food was awesome.  Ham and German mac and cheese plus snickers salad.  yummy.

Then we went to a member home for more food and they gave us a bunch of cake.  We have so much sugar in our apartment its insane.  I'm sure I have already gained like 5 or so pounds. lol missionary life.
    
Well this week is all focused on the atonement. We need to use it everyday. Christ died for us. He suffered a TON  for us.  Don't waste what he did for us. The atonement is amazing and we need to use it daily.  Which on of you is perfect?  I know I'm not.  I know every member in this church isn't and we need that atonement.  How else are we to change and grow without it.  Use the atonement its there for a reason not to collect dust!
 
Well I love you all!  Have a great week!

-- 
Sister Haley McDonald






No comments:

Post a Comment