North Dakota Bismarck mission February 2016 to August 2017

Tuesday, March 22, 2016



Well this week has been crazy with a lot of ups and downs

    A ton of our appointments got cancelled so we knew the Lord wanted us to do something but weren't sure of what exactly.  We tracted a lot and tried to find less actives.  We have to clean up the ward list since so many people move in and out for the oil.  Our ward is also shrinking each week because everyone is loosing jobs in the oil industry its so crazy.  It's really hard to find investigators especially since most people aren't sober a lot of the time.... 

   We have some amazing members that welcome us over all the time to talk about the work and a bunch of them have served so they get it.  They also give us points on how to help people and how to find them as well.

   This week has been weird and very exhausting.  We had a couple of bad days and it was really hard.  We weren't really excited to do anything else that day but thankfully members made it a lot better. 

   One of our investigators is having a hard time understanding the Book Of Mormon and I'm not sure how to help her.  We may have to walk away for now.

  Thankfully another investigator wants to get baptized asap.  We almost had a date but because of her school schedule we aren't sure when that will be.  But she is so sweet and is so into everything we ask.  She has already read 10 chapters of the Book of Mormon in two weeks which is awesome.

  We changed the area with the elders so we had to pass off a few of them.  It was also cold here it snowed most of the week but I'm adjusting.  I'm not totally freezing at 30 degrees now which is good lol.

    I read the book our search for happiness and it has so much insight into the church.  I didn't want to put the book down but I have missionary work to do.  I hope everything is going well there!!  I love you all!!

p.s. sorry for the lack of photos haven't been doing good about that oops
 
-- 
Sister Haley McDonald





1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Haley! You don't know me, I've been in the ward about 2yrs, just my husband and I. But, I saw your mom's post and thought I'd stop by just to see how you're doing.
    We're all cheering for you back here, praying for you, carrying you in our hearts..even though we may not know you, we're family. Sisters. So, hold your head up high! You're a daughter of God, He loves you and so do we. You're about your Father's business right now, and that's the best thing. You're a very special brave young woman, I see it in your sweet face.
    You take care of you, you'll be amazing, I just know it.
    "Head high, butterfly, you are a child of God!"
    Now go and do!
    Sis Gail Cruz :)

    ReplyDelete