North Dakota Bismarck mission February 2016 to August 2017

Monday, March 7, 2016

Well im not in North Dakota!  I'm in Sidney Montana. its a small city with only about 6000 people here and we cover three other cities which only adds another 500 people.  People are also moving out because the oil has gone down and people cant afford it.  A lot of our members are loosing jobs so its a hard time up here.
   So obviously last week I left the MTC thank goodness I missed real food.  My mission president and wife are amazing.  They have an ice cream machine and so kind and they were so happy when they found out dad was a member.  They asked me to tall the group of greenies and trainers.  My trainer is Sister D'vaz and shes from Canada.  She's awesome and she says I came pretrained which is funny because I'm not.  They have asked that we memorize part of the first vision and the missionary purpose.  I just need to memorize JST 1:16-17.  Do it if possible and if going on mission it will help.  I also get to go to the Temple 8 times on my mission.  If im in Bismarck and their temple is small and is closed a lot. Its kind of shocking.  The members have at least a 4 hour drive which sucks.
  So we had to already dropped some investigators that weren't really moving forward but we already have a new one.  Plus we are teaching some less actives.  One of our less active families the Williams have some different beliefs.  They dont believe we are the true church and not one church can be true plus they are also Buddhist.  Interesting and I'm not sure how to help them feel the spirit testify of truth.
   One of our other less actives (we are working with them a lot right now) Angie is so much fun.   We go over every other day.  She had a brain injury so she'll forget if we dont go over often.  But she has given everyone nicknames and mine is pea wee.  Don't ask me why I have no clue.  She also trys to set up every sister with one of the brothers in our ward.  Its funny but weird.  She loves having us over.  We are really the only ones who visit with her and stuff.  Its nice making people happy by just talking to them.
   One of our investigators likes to research everything about the church and try to prove what we are saying is wrong and how the bible is of god but the Book of Mormon isnt and she wont open her mind or heart to really try.
 Another Less active family just lost some family and are wanting to come back so we are gonna meet with them to help them.  Our new investigator is dating a less active and they both want the discussions to learn more. 
  According to my companion the area is already changing and she is amazed at how things start to change when someone new comes in.  The area is flat and there is a lot of open fields but the winter wasn't bad here.  However its not over we are supposed to get snow this week and the last frost isnt until MAY How crazy is that.  Hopefully next week I'll have more to tell you about who I meet and what the lord is having me teach.  I'm so grateful to be here and its really exciting. 
Love you!
-- 
Sister Haley McDonald

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us informed of what is going on. 💋💋

    ReplyDelete